Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Solid Foundation

Sorry I haven't been on top of this whole blogging thing... lots happening in my work world... I'll tell you all about it in a few weeks, but for now - I am stretched pretty thin. It's funny how the universe provides though. Someone asked me the other day if the stress from the build is getting to me. I had to say honestly that I've been to distracted to really give it much thought. All these other little stresses may be a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, so far we've had 27 people here since we broke ground. From contractors to inspectors. I never realized how many people it takes to tackle a project of this magnitude. This past week, the foundation was completed and the framing work began. They also began piping the plumbing for the new bathroom. They'll work the strangest hours - like all day long on a Saturday, and then have three days of no action while we wait for various inspections. It seems there's a separate inspection for every nail.

I'm so grateful to Bill the Builder for keeping track of all these moving parts. I also love everyone who he's contracted so far, without exception. The framers are a father/son duo. The wife even pitched in for a few hours.

I can't wait to tell you more about Bill the Builder (WFScott Construction) but I'll wait. He has no website. I'm going to build him one. I think there's a story to tell in terms of who he chooses to contract and why, so I'm digging to get to the heart of the matter. I can't find a single construction website with any depth or personality. Bill's will! I've had to convince him... because the reality is, you're online whether you intend to be or not as a business owner. If you're not curating the content, someone else is. He's just a grayed out head silhouette on Angie's List for example. While he makes us a home, I'll make him a personal brand. Stay tuned! Sound off in the comments if you have any ideas you think I should incorporate into his site!

Anyway I'm rambling. Off to watch the season premiere of Game of Thrones! Eeeeeek! So exciting! Lots of foundation pictures attached.

xo,
Jenn






No comments:

Post a Comment